Monday, August 26, 2013

My Copy of Mars Direct

My copy of Mars Direct.
While working on Red Planet Pioneer back in 1999, I bought this book and got completely hooked on the Mars Direct concept of how to get humanity to the Red Planet. The plan was so inspiring to me that I actually went to the world famous Vroman's book store located in Pasadena to meet Dr. Robert Zubrin. I got to hear him speak back on September 8th, of 1999, and have been very passionate about the idea of seeing human beings stepping foot on Mars to colonize it.
The possibilities seem endless on such venture, testing our resolve as a species, and playing out to any number of possible outcomes.
As I am getting ready for the release of my first Novel: Red Planet Pioneer - Modulus of Resilience, I realized that my September 2nd release date is only a few days off of being fourteen years since I was standing in Vromans, and listening to the impassioned plea for colonizing another world.
If you have any interest at all in seeing the Red Planet colonized sometime in the future, than there are ways in which to contribute . .

We can support organizations like: the Mars Society
http://www.marssociety.org/

We can get involved with the missions to Mars:
http://applicants.mars-one.com/

...or we can create Art or Literature that will support the vision and dream of colonizing another world. Perhaps one day, the people of Mars will look at all of these efforts and find an inspiration for pushing even further into space, or an entertainment for what we imagined their future would look like.

I realized almost fourteen years later, that meeting still has me inspired . . .
Perhaps in some way...I will be touching just a little bit of that kind of energy, and getting that much closer to Mars, my launch date is September 2nd, 2013.
Red Planet Pioneer - Modulus of Resilience

No comments:

Post a Comment